In order to help you get a handle on the various aspects of Off Grid DIY we have included a number of calculators to help you estimate various different things such as:
- Daily Energy Consumption Estimates of some small appliances
- Power consumption of common appliances (care of powersaving.co.za)
- Amount of hot water used per day and energy needed to heat that.
- How to estimate the number of solar panels and batteries needed for a given daily energy requirement.
- Battery Back-Up times – how long healthy batteries should last under given loads.
- Small Solar Systems – estimating the size of solar panel and battery needed for a small stand alone system such as that needed for an electric gate or alarm system.